I’m heading out to Charlotte next week to catch some pool and to see what new gear we should add to our site, but let’s face it… you can’t go to a new city without checking out at least one or two tourist attractions. I’m prepared though, as I’ve built my list of the Top 5 things I want to check out in Charlotte (other than fancy new pool cues, of course):
1. The James K. Polk Memorial – The real question is why you wouldn’t want to learn more about the 11th President. He got so much done in his first term, that he didn’t need to get re-elected!
2. The Museum of the Alphabet – That’s right folks… everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) you’ve ever wanted to know about the alphabet.
3. Hendrick Motorsports Museum – Can’t wait until 2010 for the NASCAR Hall of Left Turns to open? Check out 15,000 square feet of motorsports madness conveniently located near the Lowe’s Racetrack.
4. Reedy Creek Nature Center – Feeling the need to get a little crunchy? Lots of trees are available for hugging here, along with lots of hiking trails.
5. Golf Club at Ballantyne – Bringing your sticks to Charlotte? Hit the links at Ballantyne. Nice championship course for under $100. There is a dress code though, so leave your coveralls at home.
Honorable Mention: The James H. Lynn Planetarium – They would’ve made the list if they had a Laser Floyd, a Laser Doors or even a Laser Loggins show.
The Charlotte Knights would have made the list as well if they had a home game during the show. I would have loved to catch a AAA game.Google+